SUPPORT, INFORMATION AND REFERRAL SERVICE
LISTENING I SHARING I MUTUALITY I EXPERIENTIAL KNOWLEDGE I RECOVERY
A Family Peer Support (FPS) provider is a caregiver and a member of La Halte that provides support to other caregivers going through difficult times, by sharing with them their recovery experience.
The FPS provider receives training that enables them to have the knowledge and skills required to professionally support people in similar situations.
The role of the Family Peer Support provider:
- Provide active listening and moral support to caregivers of people with mental health problems.
- Share their experience and use it to recommend strategies aimed at the caregiver’s recovery.
- Act as a team partner by participating in group meetings.
- Share their knowledge on the illness and orient the caregivers toward the appropriate resources.
- Provide support to a caregiver who has submitted a request for an order for a psychiatric evaluation.
To speak with a family peer support provider, please contact us by phone at 450-438-4291.